Strategic Advisor, Management Consulting
I'm Ryan Lahti, Managing Principal of OrgLeader. Welcome to my site.
Ryan Lahti's Bio:
Dr. Ryan Lahti is the founder and managing principal of OrgLeader. He optimizes the performance of organizations driven by science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) as well as the leaders who run them. Ryan combines business experience in 20+ industries with a background in leadership assessment/development, executive coaching, talent management and organizational effectiveness.
For two and a half decades, Ryan has enhanced business performance by designing and implementing customized leadership, executive team and organizational solutions. As a trusted advisor to senior management, he helps executives understand their strengths, limitations and leadership styles as well as the impact of these elements on the job. Ryan works with high-potential leaders and proven high performers (especially ones in transition) who hold positions up to board of director. He is certified to use a variety of assessment methods (e.g., Hogan assessment suite, Inventory of Leadership Styles). Ryan utilizes this expertise in conjunction with real-world feedback and his own business experience to provide the appropriate amount of insight and guidance.
Prior to founding OrgLeader, Ryan worked for global consulting firms including Ernst & Young and Hay Group. He also served in corporate positions with Gap Inc., Westin Hotels & Resorts and Invitrogen where he oversaw leadership and organizational development. In his work, Ryan has:
- Partnered with board of director members to evaluate CEO performance
- Increased organizational fit of senior-executive hires through detailed assessment of final candidates
- Provided change management consulting that determined sponsorship, established on-going communication and ensured accountability for organizational transitions
- Coached and onboarded executives to accelerate their business impact
- Managed employee learning and organizational development for customer-focused companies
- Enhanced executive team and board member productivity
- Designed and facilitated strategic off-sites and leadership programs
- Optimized corporate structures to achieve business objectives
- Supervised board of director continuing education
- Constructed multi-level competency infrastructures that integrated talent management processes
- Developed and implemented organizational, team and individual measurement methods to gauge progress and drive accountability
His business experience includes Apple, Bank of America, Unilever, Southland Industries, Xerox, IBM, Warner Bros., Health Net, Toyota, St. Joseph Health, State Farm, AMD, Beckman Coulter, Teledyne Technologies, Edwards Lifesciences, DineEquity and CB Richard Ellis. In his spare time, Ryan has taught executive MBA and MBA courses on leadership, team dynamics and organizational behavior.
Ryan is an author and sought-after speaker. He authored The Finesse Factor: How to Build Exceptional Leaders in STEM Organizations being published in late 2018. He is a contributor to Forbes and a member of the Forbes Coaches Council. Check out his articles on leadership, talent management and organizational effectiveness issues at Forbes.com using these links:
- Increasing Leadership Finesse In STEM Organizations
- Build STEM Work Environments That Retain STEM Skills
- Four Ways To Accelerate Your Executive Team's Productivity
- How To Manage The Arrogant Victim Mindset
- How To Manage The Doubtful Victim Mindset
Ryan is a certified executive coach and member of the International Coach Federation, the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology as well as Thomson Reuters Expert Witness Services.
Ways to contact Ryan...
Phone: (949) 873-5788
Ryan Lahti's Education:
University of North TexasPh.D., Psychology/Organizational ScienceConcentration: Management
California State University Long BeachM.A., Industrial/Organizational Psychology
UCLAB.A., Psychology/Business Administration
Ryan Lahti's Interests & Activities:
Fitness, outdoor recreation, Labrador retrieving along with exploring foods and cultures.